The old granary was built in 1842 for Anjala manor, at the same time as the old cowhouse. On top of the granary there is a small clock tower. In 1958 the granary was restored as a summer café and has been in that use since then. The Makasiini Café is open from May to the end of August. It is famous for newly roasted coffee, delicious ice cream and fresh pastries. Local producers sell their products in the café.
The upper level in the granary has served as an art exhibition since the 1970s. Nowadays the exhibitions are implemented together with Kouvola art associoation Kouta ry.